Overview / Features
RP-COM is a media converter that converts serial communication (RS-232C) to Ethernet communication. It allows the cable distance to be extended from the limit of the serial communication cable length (15m) to the Ethernet cable length as well as wiring to be reduced. Moreover, RP-COM has three different operating modes: the Penetration Mode and Modem Mode in addition to the Virtual COM Mode, used as the standard COM operating mode. This product is upwardly compatible with the current RP-COM(FIT)GY. Stacking an add-on device module *1 with the product enables more channels to be available (RS-232C) and also more functions to be extended (RS-422A/485).
- 5VDC and PoE supporting the use of IEEE802.3af-compatible devices, enabling power to be supplied from UTP cables. (For supplying power from UTP cables, it is recommended to connect to our POW-CB30(af) or POW-CBM4(af)).
- Three operating modes selectable, depending on the usage. Virtual COM Mode : Can be used like the standard COM ports of a PC (max. 32 ports). Through Mode : Can extend the distance between devices without changing settings or applications of each device (max. 254 pairs). Modem Mode : Creates communication programs capable of communications between multiple terminals (N:N, max. 254 terminals).
- Up to 7 channels available for RS-232C (when three COM-2(FIT)GY’s are added). Add-on device modules [COM-2(FIT)GY] (for RS-232C 2ch) and [COM-1PD(FIT)GY] (for RS-422A/RS-485 1ch, The multi-drop function is not supported in COM-1PD(FIT)GY.) can be freely combined to allow up to three units to be added for extension.
- DHCP client function and Setup utility provided for easier device setup.
- RS-232C supports up to 921.600bps (Serial communication section, The speed may be affected by the party on the other side of the connection and the cable length).
- The wired LAN can be 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX (Ethernet section), and Provided a 35mm DIN rail attachment.
|Used Connector||D-SUB 9-pin (Male)|
|Number of Channels||1x RS-232C [ASYNC]|
|Transmission Speed||300 ~ 921,600bps|